Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop
Learn the fundamentals of Photoshop, navigating, editing images and layers and exploring image retouching.
About this Event
Photoshop is the go to application for editing images, but let’s face it, there are so many tools and options it can be bewildering. Our hands-on course will explain the fundamentals and have you up and running in no time. Learn to edit photos like a pro, repair images and remove unwanted elements, resize images, then work with layers and selections.
Understanding the fundamental elements will help you to build a solid foundation to work from. This session is designed to get your creative juices flowing and show you how to produce top quality digital images, saving time and money in the process.
This is an introductory level course.
What you get
- Class size kept to a maximum of 10 participants.
- Average class is 4-6 people.
- Qualified, experienced and approachable facilitators.
- Training materials and take away practice files.
- Lifetime post course support.
We encourage you to bring along your own laptop so you are familiar with its layout and functionality. If you do not have a laptop, we can supply one on the training day
Getting Started with Photoshop Course Content
- The Photoshop Interface
- Navigation Tools
- The History Panel
Digital Image Basics
- Image Resolution, Dimensions and File Size
- Understanding Colours
- File Formats
Starting with Images
- Creating New Documents
- Cropping & Rotating
- Changing Image Sizes
- Upsampling & Downsampling Images
- Understanding Image Histograms
- Using the Levels Command
- Adjusting Colour Balance
- Editing Hue and Saturation
Working with Selections
- Lasso and marquee Tools
- Quick Selection and Magic Wand Tools
- Feathering Selections
- Removing Imperfections
- The Clone Tools
- Healing Brush Tools
Working with Layers
- Building a Multi Layered Document
- Adding Transparency
- Moving, Scaling and Rotating Layers
- Locking and Protecting Layers
- Merging and Flattening Layers
Printing and Saving
- Printing from Photoshop
- Save for Print and Web
- Image Compression and Optimisation
If you need to book a course after the ticket sales have closed, please get in touch and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
See here for terms and conditions.
Due to COVID-19 some events may be operating differently than planned.
Please contact the event organiser directly to confirm.
Please contact the event organiser directly for accessibility information.