Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Relax + Restore Your Resilience
You did it, you survived Covid College. Now, it’s time to recover from the stress of the last few months!
About this Event
- Need a break from the stresses that pull at your heart strings or make you want to pull out your hair?
- Feeling fed up, overwhelmed, stressed, anxious or exhausted?
- Ready to reconnect with like-minded people for a couple of hours of self-care?
If you are feeling as though your inner resources have been stretched to your limit, this mini self-care retreat is just what you need.
Don’t have time for self-care?
That’s like saying you don’t have time to stop to put petrol in your tank
because you’re too busy driving.
Remember, self-care is not selfish. Self-care refuels us.
We’ve planned an experience for you to relax and start to recover from your experience with Covid College. You'll also pick up a few stress-management tips to help you cope with the inevitable stresses of the upcoming Silly Season, all whilst gazing out over Elwood Beach.
- A gentle mindful movement practice that is a blend of Hatha Yoga stretches and the flowing, rhythmic movements of Qi Gong,
- Deep breathing exercises to calm the nervous system and,
- A guided meditation practice to relax the body and settle the mind.
These practices will be shared in the context of why the nervous system should be regularly calmed and how to do so deliberately.
• The four pillars of resilience
• The key to preventing burnout
• How our inner dialogue has the ability to stress us out and calm us down.
This event is an introduction to our upcoming Journey to Resilience 2021 series:
The Journey to Resilience 2021 series consists of 3 x monthly half-day mini retreats and commences February 2021. Ideally, these half-day mini retreats will be experienced as a whole series, however, if all of the dates don’t suit your schedule, you are most welcome to register for those that do. For more information, please follow this link.
Investment: 2-Hour Relax + Recover Your Resilience Mini Urban Retreat (Saturday, 12 December)
AUD $49 (inclusive of GST) per session / Please note that there will be a small additional booking fee charged by Eventbrite.
*Registration is strictly limited as we will be adhering to ALL Covid-related safety protocols.
Upon registering, please select your preferred time:
1.30 PM to 3.30 PM
4.00 PM to 6.00 PM
What to bring
Bring your stress and prepare to leave - at least some of - it behind.
Please wear clothing that allows you to move freely and relax comfortably.
With respect to the Covid-restrictions, we encourage you to bring your own mat. However, if you do not have one, that's fine, please let us know and we will have one set aside for you.
For the same reason, we are not able provide bolsters, blankets, blocks or any other such equipment you may usually have on hand to practice. If you have your own, please bring them along.
And of course, you are most welcome to bring along any additional items that provide comfort such as cushion, blanket and / or eye covering.
During relaxation, the body tends to cool down. You may wish to have a shawl, blanket, and / or socks nearby to keep you cosy.
• Cancellations made with notice of 7 days or more will receive a full refund, with the exception of booking fees charged by Eventbrite. In this case, to receive a full refund of AUD $49 cancellations must be made no later than 4 December 2020. Booking and credit card fees charged by Eventbrite cannot be refunded.
• Cancellations made with notice of less than 7 full days are not eligible for refund, however, participants are welcome to transfer their registration to another person.
Please contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Resilience is about how you recharge, not about how you endure."
Shawn Achor, Harvard Business Review, 24 June 2016
Please contact the event organiser directly for accessibility information.