Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Microsoft Project Introduction
Learn the Fundamentals of Microsoft Project, creating a project, entering tasks, durations, constraints, resources, then track the Project.
About this Event
If you need to manage, support or report on projects, then our Microsoft Project Introduction course is the way to go. You will work right along with our instructor to create a project, setting up calendars and tasks, then move on to defining resources and scheduling.
You will fine tune your project, applying deadlines and constraints, and build reports and templates for later use.
This is a beginner level course.
What you get
- Class size kept to a maximum of 10 participants.
- Average class is 4-6 people.
- Qualified, experienced and approachable facilitators.
- Training materials and take away practice files.
- Lifetime post course support.
We encourage you to bring along your own laptop so you are familiar with its layout and functionality. If you do not have a laptop, we can supply one on the training day.
Microsoft Project Introduction Course Content
Microsoft Project Overview
- What is Microsoft Project?
- Working with Gantt Charts
- Project’s Window, View & Menus
- Project Table Basics
- Deleting and Clearing Data
Starting a Project & Entering Tasks
- Base Calendars
- Entering Tasks
- Assigning Task Durations
Working with Subtasks
- Creating & Changing Subtasks
- Viewing Levels of Detail
- Types of Relationships
- Creating & Changing Relationships
- Lags and Leads
- Entering Resources
- Assigning Resources and Effort Driven Scheduling
- Working with Effort Driven Scheduling
Displaying Project Data
- View, Table or Form?
- Creating a Custom Table
Fine Tuning the Project
- Working to a Deadline
- Using Constraints
- Reducing Project Costs
- Resource Levelling and Setting the Baseline
- Levelling Over-allocated Resources
- Levelling and Tracking Gantt View
Tracking The Project
- Creating A Baseline
- Using Tracking Views
- Updating Tasks
- Tracking Gantt Chart
- Using and Editing a Template
Reports and Printing
- Reports and Printing
- Changing the Formatting of Reports
- Page Setup
If you need to book a course after the ticket sales have closed, please get in touch and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
See here for terms and conditions.