Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Global Panorama Workshop - Creating Little Planets
Learn how to capture and create global panoramas. Change the way you photograph your favourite travel locations using a digital SLR.
About this Event
Join Canon Collective Ambassador Jay Collier and learn how to capture and create global panoramas AKA "little planets", of Luna Park, St Kilda, Melbourne.
This is a fun and creative way to capture travel destinations using your digital SLR camera. Using Adobe Lightroom Classic and Adobe Photoshop you'll learn how to produce a unique visual images of this iconic landmark.
On completion of this workshop you'll have the ability to create little planets of your favourite locations around Melbourne and across the world during your travels.
• Camera settings and 360 degree panoramic capture techniques
• Hand held vs using a tripod technique
• Edit final results using Adobe Lightroom Classic & Adobe Photoshop
• Manual exposure and reading your histogram to achieve perfect exposures
What to bring
• Canon EOS camera and your widest lens (or use Canon Collective loan gear)
• Loan equipment available includes Canon EOS full frame cameras and Canon L series lenses
• SD card
• Tripods can be used but are not mandatory. Handheld results are best.
• Laptop with the latest version of Adobe Lightroom Classic and Adobe Photoshop (you must have both in order to process the final result. It must be Lightroom Classic and not the mobile CC version)
• If you do not own a laptop you can still attend as a demonstration will be given along with take home instructions
• SD card reader if your laptop does not have an SD card slot
At the front of Luna Park in St Kilda
• All levels of experience are welcome however it should be noted that in order to produce these images, you must use manual exposure mode on your camera.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Lightroom is required (importing and basic editing) as well as having Adobe Photoshop installed. No previous experience of Adobe Photoshop is required as all of the steps will be shown during this workshop.
• BYO water, sun cream and appropriate clothing and footwear. As this event takes place outside, please take care and be aware of your surroundings
COVID-safe event conditions:
Please note that by booking this workshop you agree to the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all participants and of our team. This includes:
• Adhering to a maximum number of persons (inclusive of your Collective Ambassador) as per government advice
• Maintaining 1.5m social distancing at all times and indoor distancing as advised by each state government – applicable between Ambassadors and all guests
• Learning outcomes will be provided by verbal explanation. Canon Collective Ambassadors will be unable to handle your cameras or review results on the LCD screen.
• Access to hand sanitiser during the event
• Wiping down / sanitisation of all shared gear
Who should not attend?
• Anyone feeling unwell or awaiting COVID-19 test results
• Anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days
• Anyone who has been in contact with any known positive COVID-19 person within the last 14 days
• Anyone at “greater risk of serious infection” as described by the Australian Government as follows:
- people aged 70 years and over
- people aged 65 years and over with chronic medical conditions
- people with a compromised immune system
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
By booking an event, you agree to cooperate with all requirements and confirm you do not fall within one of the above listed categories. If your situation changes between booking your event and the day of the event, please do not attend and reschedule your place by contacting us.
Main: Image by Canon Collective Ambassador Jay Collier, St Kilda Global Panoramas, Melbourne
Please consider the following requirements prior to booking this workshop, in consideration of the host and other participants:
• Please arrive 15 mins before for start time. The workshop will begin at the designated time and late arrivals may not be admitted.
• If you are more than 15 minutes early, please make yourself comfortable and wait for the host to greet guests together at the same time.
• Please choose carefully. Except where otherwise indicated, we do not offer refunds unless an event has to be cancelled, rescheduled to a date you cannot attend, or where required under Australian Consumer Law. View the Terms of Registration.
• Please take careful note of event details at time of booking. If you have any further question’s, contact us at email@example.com, however please note that due to the nature of our work we may be unable to respond to all request in a timely manner.
Share your images
We'd love to see what you capture! Please share your images from this event by tagging @canoncollectiveofficial or #canoncollective for your chance to be featured on the Canon Collective official Instagram account.
Category Festivals and Celebrations