Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Adobe Lightroom Classic for Beginners
Take the first step in managing and editing your photos using Adobe Lightroom Classic and discover the tips to produce incredible results.
About this Event
Just setting out on your post-production journey and wondering where to start? Let us help you demystify the jargon and enhance your skills in this introductory Adobe Lightroom Classic seminar.
Join Canon Collective Ambassador Jay Collier for a friendly classroom styled event designed for those keen to understand the basics of photo editing, workflow, file management and introduce you to the exciting world of post-production. Your images will never be the same again!
• Getting started with Adobe Creative Cloud
• RAW vs JPEG
• Importing and file management
• Adobe Lightroom Classic editing demonstration
What to bring
• Notepad and pen - no laptop required for this event
• Beginners welcome, no prior experience necessary.
• This workshop leads on to the intermediate level Adobe Lightroom Classic Workflow & Editing Workshop.
Paid street parking is available. Please refer to the signs for times and when free parking is available. Please do not park in the SUNSTUDIOS customer car park as these spaces are reserved for SUNSTUDIOS customers only.
Alternatively you can catch the 109 tram from Southern Cross Station and get off at the Montague St stop where the Canon Experience Store is a short distance walk.
COVID-safe event conditions:
Please note that by booking this workshop you agree to the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all participants and of our team. This includes:
• Adhering to a maximum number of persons (inclusive of your Collective Ambassador) as per government advice
• Maintaining 1.5m social distancing at all times and indoor distancing as advised by each state government – applicable between Ambassadors and all guests
• Learning outcomes will be provided by verbal explanation. Canon Collective Ambassadors will be unable to handle your cameras or review results on the LCD screen.
• Access to hand sanitiser during the event
• Wiping down / sanitisation of all shared gear
Who should not attend?
• Anyone feeling unwell or awaiting COVID-19 test results
• Anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days
• Anyone who has been in contact with any known positive COVID-19 person within the last 14 days
• Anyone at “greater risk of serious infection” as described by the Australian Government as follows:
- people aged 70 years and over
- people aged 65 years and over with chronic medical conditions
- people with a compromised immune system
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
By booking an event, you agree to cooperate with all requirements and confirm you do not fall within one of the above listed categories. If your situation changes between booking your event and the day of the event, please do not attend and reschedule your place by contacting us.
Above: Image by Canon Collective Ambassador Greg Sullavan, Lake Thun, Switzerland, edited using Adobe Lightroom Classic
Main: Image by Canon Collective Ambassador Scott Stramyk, Before and After Trees, NSW
Above: Image by Canon Collective Ambassador Greg Sullavan, Lake Thun, Switzerland, straight out of camera
Above: Image by Canon Collective Ambassador Greg Sullavan, Lake Thun, Switzerland, In-Camera View
Please consider the following requirements prior to booking this workshop, in consideration of the host and other participants:
• Please arrive 15 mins before for start time. The workshop will begin at the designated time and late arrivals may not be admitted.
• If you are more than 15 minutes early, please make yourself comfortable and wait for the host to greet guests together at the same time.
• Please choose carefully. Except where otherwise indicated, we do not offer refunds unless an event has to be cancelled, rescheduled to a date you cannot attend, or where required under Australian Consumer Law. View the Terms of Registration.
• Please take careful note of event details at time of booking. If you have any further question’s, contact us at email@example.com, however please note that due to the nature of our work we may be unable to respond to all request in a timely manner.
Share your images
We'd love to see what you capture! Please share your images from this event by tagging @canoncollectiveofficial or #canoncollective for your chance to be featured on the Canon Collective official Instagram account.
Category Festivals and Celebrations