Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Microsoft SharePoint Workshop
Learn SharePoint by building and navigating a team site. Learn permissions and security, then add document libraries and Office Integration.
About this Event
Does your business need to manage and share content? Of course, so why not learn how to make the most of SharePoint. This platform boosts teamwork with a host of collaborative features, but there is still much confusion about how to use it properly.
Create sites and share common resources to improve your organisational efficiency. Join us in this workshop and let us take the mystery out of this dynamic platform to show you how to streamline your team’s workflow.
This is a beginner level course.
What you get
- Class size kept to a maximum of 10 participants.
- Average class is 4-6 people.
- Qualified, experienced and approachable facilitators.
- Training materials and take away practice files.
- Lifetime post course support.
We encourage you to bring along your own laptop so you are familiar with its layout and functionality. If you do not have a laptop, we can supply one on the training day.
Microsoft SharePoint Workshop Course Content
Getting to Know SharePoint
- What is SharePoint
- User Account Basics
- What are Lists and Libraries
- Accessing a SharePoint Site
- The SharePoint Interface
- Displaying all Content from within your Site
Secrity, Groups and Permissions
- Default Permission Groups
- Assigning Permission Levels
- Best Practices for Planning Permissions
- Understanding Inheritance
- Site Permissions
- Creating a Group
- Viewing Permissions
- Creating a Subsite
- Setting up Groups for New Subsites
- Your New Team Site
- Deleting Subsites
Working with Pages
- Pages Overview
- Editing a Web Part Site Page
- Checking Out a Page
Creating Lists & Libraries
- Library and List Overview
- Creating Libraries
- Manage Permissions for a Library
- Creating Lists
- Sorting and Filtering Libraries and Lists
- Libraries and List Views
- Changing Views
Working with Documents
- Documents Overview
- Creating New Documents in a Library
- Opening Documents from a Document Library
- Checking Documents Out and In
- Emailing a Link
- Creating an Alert
- Deleting Files
- Restoring a Deleted File
Dealing with Version History
- Document Versions
- Enabling and Configuring Versioning
- View, Restore or Delete an Earlier Version
- Publishing as a Major Version
- Restoring or Permanently Deleting Files
Integrating with Microsoft Office
- Collaborative Functionality Overview
- Saving Documents from Office
- Co-Authoring Documents
- Working with Calendars
- Connecting to Microsoft Outlook
- Disconnecting Calendars
If you need to book a course after the ticket sales have closed, please get in touch and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
See here for terms and conditions.