Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Getting Started with Adobe Illustrator
On our Adobe Illustrator course you will learn document setup and selection tools, and work with layering to create image effects.
About this Event
Adobe Illustrator is used to create high quality vector images for both print and digital formats. On this course you will learn to create illustrations for logos, promotional materials, brochures, posters and much more.
You will learn to organise your artwork and set out your artboard using grids, then move on to building basic shapes and working with colour and drawings. You will also use painting and typographic tools before saving and exporting your work.
This is an introductory level course.
What you get
- Class size kept to a maximum of 10 participants.
- Average class is 4-6 people.
- Qualified, experienced and approachable facilitators.
- Training materials and take away practice files.
- Lifetime post course support.
We encourage you to bring along your own laptop so you are familiar with its layout and functionality. If you do not have a laptop, we can supply one on the training day.
Getting Started with Adobe Illustrator Course Content
- The Illustrator Interface
- Navigation Tools
- Opening Illustrations
- Creating new Documents
- Exploring Panels and Workspaces
- Useful Shortcuts
Organising your Artwork
- Introducing Multiple Artboards
- Editing the Artboard size
- Aligning and Distributing Artwork
- Rulers, Guides and Grids
- Intuitive Smart Guides
- Paths, Point and Handles
- Grouping Objects
- Working in Group Isolation Mode
Creating Basic Shapes
- Using the Shaper Tool
- Creating Primitive Shapes
- Creating Polygons, Stars and Spirals
- Drawing Lines
- Storing Assets in Libraries
- Colour Modes
- Applying Colour to Objects
- Spot vs Process Colour
- Managing Swatches
- Creating Colour Groups
- Loading Swatch Libraries
Drawing in Illustrator
- Drawing Paths
- Tips for Drawing Curves
- Editing, Manipulating and Modifying Paths
- Adding and Deleting Anchor Points
- Splitting, Cutting and Erasing Paths
Working with Layers
- Creating Layers
- Using Layers Effectively
Painting in Illustrator
- Manipulating Strokes
- Creating Dashed Lines
- Adding Arrowheads to Strokes
Working with Type
- Using Type Tools
- Using the Character and Paragraph Panel
- Creating Outlines from Text
- Type on a Path
Saving and Exporting
- Packaging Files for Hand Off
- Creating Adobe PDF Files
- Exporting Files from Illustrator
If you need to book a course after the ticket sales have closed, please get in touch and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
See here for terms and conditions.