Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Microsoft Excel Introduction
A user friendly introduction to Excel, the world's most widely used spreadsheet application. Start with the basics and build confidence.
About this Event
New to Excel, or just a bit unsure, then join us for a friendly introduction to the most widely used spreadsheet application in the world. During this interactive session you will learn how to use Excel for your daily business tasks.
You will navigate the interface, learn simple formulas and functions, then format your workbook ready for presentation and printing. Your instructor will relate the content to common workplace tasks so you can feel more confident in using the application.
This is a beginner level course.
What you get
- Class size kept to a maximum of 10 participants.
- Average class is 4-6 people.
- Qualified, experienced and approachable facilitators.
- Training materials and take away practice files.
- Lifetime post course support.
We encourage you to bring along your own laptop so you are familiar with its layout and functionality. If you do not have a laptop, we can supply one on the training day.
Microsoft Excel Introduction Course Content
- Work with Formulas and Functions
- Format your Spreadsheets
- Learn Timesaving Tips and Tricks
- Exploring the Excel Interface
- Finding and using Commands
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Navigating Workbooks
Basic Workbook Techniques
- Overview – the different uses of Excel
- Creating New Workbooks
- Entering and Editing Data
- Selecting Data
- Opening, Saving and Closing Workbooks
Using Formulas in Excel
- Formulas vs Functions – what’s the difference?
- Creating Formulas
- Finding Functions
- Inserting Functions
- Naming Worksheets
- Adding New Worksheets
- Moving and Copying Worksheets
- Deleting Worksheets
- Manual Formatting Options
- Using Cell Styles for Efficiency and Consistency
Preparing to Print
- Page Setup
- Margins and Orientation
- Headers and Footers
If you need to book a course after the ticket sales have closed, please get in touch and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
See here for terms and conditions.